Monday, June 3, 2013

Produce

Do you wash your produce?! If not, you really should! Its so easy! As soon as you get home from the grocery store fill your sink with cold water and dump in some vinegar, 1/4-1/2 cupish-I promise it won't change the taste of your fruit! I let mine sit while I put away the rest of the groceries. 
Then when everything else is put away I fish them all out....honestly this picture doesn't begin to show how gross and dirty the water is! 
So this not only will clean your produce BUT it will also help it last longer! My produce lasts 1-2 weeks longer when it's washed and soaked in this solution! 
Prepping produce before putting it away: I do these things because I find that we don't waste any produce when all we have to do us grab it and put it in our mouthes!
I take all my grapes off the vines & soak them, & cut my pineapples, strawberries and melons; then when they are done, they go straight to a bowl and into the fridge so they are ready to just eat, no work necessary! 
This process ads 1/2 an hour to my putting away groceries BUT my produce gets eaten before it goes bad because its easy and my kids have a GOOD easy snack rather then junk food! AND it doesn't take up as much room when it's all cut up and stacked in rubber-maids! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...