Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Successful Pinterest DIY: wood repair

I didn't pin this idea from Pinterest, I just saw it awhile back and remembered it. Now I can't find it again, but here it is! If you have damaged or scratched wood mix 3/4 cup canola oil with 1/4 cup vinegar and wipe it over the scratches. Do not wipe it off, & for deep scratches let it sit for 5 minutes before becoming discouraged that it didn't work. (That one is coming from personal experience.) 
When my 5 year old was a baby he chewed his crib up...after spending $400 on a beautiful crib I was so bumbed. I had just come to terms with it and let it go when I had Oliver. I decided this morning to just try this trick to see...
It worked!!!! It looks like new! I spent 5 years sad about a ruined bed that is no longer ugly!!! The smaller dings vanished immediately, however these larger deeper ones took a few minutes to fully disappear!!! But they are now darkened and no longer noticeable!!! 
Love it when a Pinterest trick works!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...