Monday, May 13, 2013

Cleaning 101 Part 2

For your 'regular' or weekly cleaning-that stuff that doesn't need done EVERY day but often. P.S. if you do the things I listed in part 1, this will be quick and easy. 
I don't have the main things broken down by room because I do a task and go from room to room doing that one thing, then I move onto the next and move from room to room doing it.
~Dust-I use a dry micro fiber cloth on all my large and/or wood surfaces. I then wet the cloth and wipe down picture frames, lamp bases, random decor pieces. 
~Windows/Mirrors/Glass Surfaces-I use a norwex window cloth-MUST have-I wipe everything down with the wet cloth and then anything that has a glass or mirrored surface I wipe dry with the window cloth. This HONESTLY keeps things from accumulating dust for SO long! I use this on my mirrors, glassed picture frames, tv, windows, you name it. 
~Vacuum-Now that I have any excess dust and dirt on the floor I vacuum  As previously stated in part 1 I hate sweeping so I use my hand tools to do the kitchen, entry ways and bathrooms. Because I use my hand tool to do the hard floors after I do the living room, stairs and bedrooms, I get it out on my way back to the hard floors and get the edges of the room and hard to reach spaces. It takes a few extra minutes but saves when it comes to deep cleaning time and things don't have the time to get dusty and gross. (P.S. I have a dyson and I LOVE it. . .just sayin)
~Mop-Use what you like to mop. I like the magic eraser mop for linoleum floors and for hard wood I like the Norwex mop or something similar. I use a water and vinegar mix for the floors when using norwex mop. This shouldn't take long because if your keeping the dirt and food off the floor in the kitchen on a regular basis, and wiping up spills when they happen, there won't be much to get up! 
~Laundry-wash clothes, sheets, towels, wash cloths etc. (If you have easy access to your washer and dryer I'd do this through out the week. Mine are in my basement and its a pain so I do it all at once.)
Now the main rooms are done. . .S.A.W.E.E.T. 
All that is left is the toilet in the bathroom! I personally keep those clorox wipes close to get any messes when I see them and then I also keep a clorox wand -BEST INVENTION EVER- next to the toilet too so that when I see a ring starting I can just take care of it right then, SO. . .the toilet is already DONE! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...