Monday, May 13, 2013

Cleaning 101 Part 3

Deep Cleaning, this should be a piece of cake if you are keeping up with the other stuff! I do this every 2-3 weeks. I also usually do this during one of my normal weekly cleanings and just add this stuff in where it applies.
~Dusting-I take my norwex mop while its dry and go around all the ceiling edges to catch cob webs, I also run it along my base boards. (Takes maybe 10 minutes to whip around my entire tiny town house.)
~Wiping Walls-Go around and wipe with a wet cloth all high traffic door ways-especially at about 3-4 high where little hands grab the wall as they walk into a room. Wipe the walls in the kitchen and especially around the stove and garbage can. Check doors and handles for dirty handprints and then finish with the walls around the toilet.
~I don't always vacuum my entire house when I vacuum so I make sure to hit all bedrooms and the stairs when I do my deep cleaning. 
~Wash out and clean whatever you store your tooth brushes and other hygiene things in. 
~I normally have to organize and de-clutter my end table by my bed each time I deep clean too-I don't know how but it always seems to get so cluttered!
~This is the week I normally vinegar my cloths and wash all rugs in the house. 
ONCE a month:
~vacuum under sofa cushions. 
~organize food cupboards. (mine tend to get a little dis-organized after my kids and hubby have been moving things around all month)
~wash any pillow case covers, table runners, place mats etc. I also wash the bigger bedding-blankets and comforters at this time too. 
~soak anything where mold can grow in bleach water-sippy cup lids, water bottles & straws, food choppers, bath toys, toys that end up going in babies mouths. 
ONCE every 3 months:
~Clean out and wipe down drawers where you keep your kitchen utensils. 
~Clean stove.
ONCE every 6 months:
~move fridge/stove and clean under them. 
~if you can move beds and sofa and vacuum under them.
~clean out closet, if you haven't worn it in 6 months to a year (depending on season) donate it.
~go through toys and donate what it is not EVER being played with.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...