Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Charts

So Brecken THRIVES on charts. He loves doing chores if he can mark it off a chart...at least for the first few weeks. So we went to Walmart-which I hate by the way-I am a Target girl, but we needed smile fruit snacks-they are the best after all. So anyway, we saw these $4 dry erase boards and so we grabbed 2 and came home and we made a chore chart on one and a behavior chart on the other. I used a permanent marker to make the chart and just filled in with expo markers so they could change as needed. If he does all his chores in a given week as asked then he gets to go get a movie from family video (kids movies are free so it's a win/win for me!)
The behavior chart idea I got from my good friend Kristine. Hers is much cuter, but mine will work for us and is easily changeable as circumstances need. On the behaviors chart as Brecken does something really great all on his own the magnet moves up the board, as he throws fits, is disrespectful or is mean to his little brother the magnet goes down. Whatever the magnet lands on he then has to do. Bad behavior consequences are mostly immediate, rewards are given the next day and are based in where the magnet is at the end of the day. Kristine also offers prizes, I'm not that cool though so the reward for good behavior is the only prize. I included Kristine's cute board so you can see how to do it the cute way & a pic of ours if quick & easy is more in your schedule!
XOXO
Brittney



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...