Tuesday, March 26, 2013

ARRR Matey

So, my little Brecken turned 5 at the beginning of the month. (sigh & a little tear)
We only do "birthday parties" with lots of friends on "big" years. 5 is a big year. 
So as he LOVES Jake and the Never Land Pirates we went Pirate themed. 
Now I am NO pinterest party girl, but for just plain ole' me, I think it turned out pretty awesome!
 I got MOST of my decorations at Oriental Trading Co. I couldn't have been happier. The quality and the price were great. The hats, eye patches, treasure maps, jolly roger pouches with jewels, gold doubloons, pirate banner & pirate flag were all purchased the OTC.  The chest I picked up from Micheals with a 40% off coupon and painted it brown and then used glitter spray paint (which I HATE) to do the stripes. It didn't work as a sprayer and I ended up just spraying the mess onto a plate and using a foam brush to make the stripes. I filled little cups I got from target-I also got the table cloths from target-with treats to send home with the kids as well. 
 The pirate balloons & cupcake flag toppers I got from a local party store. (P.S. if you live in the Milwaukee area its worth it to go to Elliots in Mequon to get your balloons. . .Its been 27 days and our balloons are STILL floating high) We put a toy Jake in the main cupcake with a sparkler #5 that I also got at Elliots. Then IBC rootbeers. I also made jolly roger shaped, fruity pebble crispy treats-they looked much better in my head. . .
 I made this birthday banner a couple of years ago and it goes in the bedroom of the birthday boy along with balloons hanging in front of their door. It makes birthday morning fun since I'm not an early riser and don't wake before they do. 
Each kid got a hat, and an eye patch, SO much fun, they loved it and we obviously had a little fun with it too. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...